Thursday, October 25, 2012

Change My Heart...

Change my heart oh God, make it ever true,
Change my heart oh God, may I be like you,
You are the potter, I am the clay,
Mold me and make me,
This is what I pray...




Courageous truly describes our Rachel
Rachel is our special needs daughter.  Her life has examplified courage and strength.  She has been very downcast lately, which is not like her.  During our talk last night I felt to remind her of our eternal hope that in heaven there will be no more sickness, sadness, burdens, pain...the list goes on;
....no more curse.  I would like to think about having: no more politics, wars, abortion, slavery and evil in general. 
II Corinthians 5:4-5
"For indeed we that are in this tabernacle, sigh and are burdened because we would not be unclothed, but would be clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.  And he that hath created us for this thing, is God, who also hath given us the earnest of the Spirit."
Clothed upon~with immortality...life.
Earnest money or property holds the purchase until the rest of the money is paid.  No one can legally buy or take the property while the earnest is in place.  God has given us the "earnest of the Spirit" as a security for the eternal.  We are "being held" by this earnest until the eternal is complete.  I thank God for this truth and realization. 
Eternity holds the truth of no more evil...
Psalm 37:11  "But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace." 
Whatever burdens (cross) we carry now will seem worth it all....there.  Is this why Paul said, "We sigh and are burdened" to be clothed upon with immortality?  What is your burden, your cross?  Lay it down in the light of eternity and know; it will be worth it all when we see the other side. 



1 comment :

  1. :*) We will walk with her and anxiously await that day she is freed forever. She is truly a shining example of the hope that awaits us.

    ReplyDelete