Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Home~Makers





In May of this year my youngest daughter graduated from our school at home.  Sixteen years and four daughters later I was faced with life without the hectic schedule of school.  I was honestly overwhelmed, I loved our school time together. I had been so satisfied in those years doing what I knew the Lord had called me to and now I felt swallowed up with no direction of purpose.  My daughters also were facing similar struggles with the need for purpose.  I began to seek the Lord, fervently.  I wasn't interested in finding something to 'fill' my time, but needed to hear His voice about what His will was for both myself and my daughters.  I had long read opinions from every source out there about what was labeled "right and wrong", but I needed to hear for myself what steps to take from here and how to lead my girls. 

"But, speak thou the things which become wholesome doctrine, The elder women likewise, that they be in such behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not subject to much wine, teachers of honest things.  That they may instruct the young women to be sober minded, that they love their husbands, that they love their children, that they be temperate, chaste, keeping at home, good, and subject to their husbands, that the word of God be not evil spoken of."  Titus 2:1,3-5

Not very popular of an idea in today's culture...I was floored and needed to get before the Lord.  My calling was already written out and I had been missing it.  Over the next months the Lord began to do a work in my heart and re~create my ideas and solidify who I am exactly in Him.  I first must be living these things out and then teaching them to those around me. 

~Keeping at home~  Guardians of the home   This is my call no matter what the stage of life I am found in.  The Lord has called me, as a woman, to be at home.  The conviction was now solid and it is so, "that the word of God be not evil spoken of." 

I have committed to read and study Proverbs 31 with Nancy Leigh DeMoss from "Revive Our Hearts" radio for 30 days.  I am on day eleven now.  I must admit the first few days were very repetative, but after a few days the verses began to come alive and I began to see deeper into this "virtuous woman."  She is very industrious...in every aspect.  As long as I am being led by the Lord with my industry and under my husband's leadership and my home is not slack, I also can be industrious, but we, as women, cannot forsake our first and true calling as ministers to the Lord, our children and our husbands. As single, widowed or divorced women, Isaiah 54:5 says, "For thy Maker is thine husband: the Lord of hosts is his name."  As young, unmarried women learning the ministry of helpmeet, mother, overseer of the household and even being the very industrious woman is a call that will fulfill. 
Let us seek the Lord, to know Him and His ways. ~It is a beautiful path~


"Homes are the springs among the hills, whose many streamlets, uniting, form like great rivers society, the community, the nation, the Church.  If the springs run low the rivers waste;  if they pour out bounteous currents the rivers are full.  If the springs are pure the rivers are clear like crystal;  if they are foul the rivers are defiled.  A curse upon homes sends a poisoning blight everywhere; a blessing sends healing and new life into every channel.  Homes are the divinely ordained fountains of life.  It is not by accident that men live in families rather than solitarily.  The human race began in a a family, and Eden was a home.  The divine blessing has ever rested upon nations and communities just in the measure  in which they have added to these original institutions and have kept marriage and the home pure and holy; blight and curse have come just in the measure in which they have departed from these divine models, dishonoring marriage and tearing down the sacred walls of home."  Rev. J.R. Miller from his book Home-Making written in 1882. 



2 comments :