Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Meditation

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of mine heart be acceptable in thy sight , O Lord my strength, and my redeemer."  Psalm 19:14


Meditation- to think about something deeply; reflection; contemplation.

Proverbs 22:17-19

v. 17  "Incline thine ear, and hear the words of the wise, and apply thine heart unto my knowledge."

There are three different instructions in this verse:
1)  Incline thine ear-  bend away; including moral deflection
2)  Hear the words of the wise
3)  Apply thine heart unto my knowledge-  place your mind, will and emotions under His knowledge
      Proverbs 23:19 "...guide thine heart in the way."

v.18  "For it shall be pleasant, if thou keep them in thy belly, and if they be directed together in thy
           lips."
v.19  "That thy confidence may be in the Lord, I have showed thee this day: thou therefore take
            heed."
       Confidence-  refuge, security, hope, trust

As we apply these instructions, intentionally, to our lives we will see that the Lord becomes our refuge, security and hope.  Our trust in Him will grow and we will become more like the woman of God that He has created us to be.  In a world of  "easy" choices to be whatever we would want to become it is increasingly difficult to "see"  what it is that the Lord wanted when he created us.  It has to be "on purpose" that we find Him and when we do His beauty is overwhelming and all the confusion from the worldview of a woman is not to be compared. 

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of mine heart..."  If we will turn our ear, hear the words of wisdom and apply them to our heart, then it will be pleasant (sweet) to our belly, which is the place of healing and life in every aspect; in our body, our soul and our emotions.  This will lead also to our lips being directed in His knowledge and wisdom. 

What do we meditate on?  I found that the Lord wants me to clear my mind of the things that everyone is doing...that He wants me to live according to the call He has placed on my life and not clutter my walk with Him.  He wants me completely; to be able to hear from His heart and not be affected with the daily clutter of...things.  He wants me to be set apart and declutter to be able to serve Him; to rebuild my trust.  I have found that when I am consistently seeing all the busy-ness of others that I am not building my faith to be able to give to anyone.  I had almost let my feet slip...

I have been working through a devotion on Psalms and in studying Psalm 73 discovered that as long as David's focus was either on, everyone else or himself, that he ws struggling and almost completely let his faith slip away.  It wasn't until he turned his focus to God that he was helped and his faith and vision were restored. 

Let's be very prudent in what exactly is filling our time and energies.  If the Lord calls us to a cleansing, to step aside and examine our lives and hearts, it is because of His great love for us and eternal preparations. 

"Love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  This is the first and great commandment."  Matthew 22:37-38









               

    

1 comment :

  1. Very nice. I had been studying about meditation and how the Lord asks us to meditate in His precepts, statutes, and His law....very good study!

    ReplyDelete